Another happy snow day here for us! I’ve really been loving our new, simple and streamlined look at home (since a lot of our MESS) is in storage as a part of this home selling process. The Mr. even said to me, “Let’s try to remember how nice this is when we do move into a new home.” Meaning…let’s not cram every available space with stuff – don’t get me wrong, we love our “stuff.” I also love chocolate and would like to stuff my face with it for dessert at every meal and snack time. Some things just aren’t good in excess. “Stuff” is one of them like most things in life except love, kindness, and understanding. <-Sidenote Anywho…I have a nice simple recipe for you that is grown man and toddler approved. Homemade chicken nuggets! See recipe below…
- 1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs (or use plain and add your own spices)
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 in. pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and cheese. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg white. Dip chicken pieces in egg white, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Taken from here.
A simple, at-home workout (20 min. of 2 min. intervals – jumping jacks, high knees, squat and punches, butt kickers alternating)
A simple move, plank for this long
breakfast of 1/2 banana, spoonful of peanut butter warmed in microwave, handful of raisins, and 1/2 c. of Trader Joe’s multigrain Os
Simple fun, Holden loved “helping” me put up the painter’s plastic for our not-so-simple DIY project
Loving his newest toy, an ice scrape discovered by the front door
What are your favorite simple joys?
What’s the simplest DIY project you’ve ever done? It seems like they always turn into more than you bargained for!