Hey There! Today marks the calm before the storm in our move-out-of-house-into-apartment project. Holden and I have a brief reprieve this evening, so we are going to make the most of it with a walk, some coloring, dinner, and books. Tomorrow night is all business. The icky kind of business that involves reorganizing (I thought we were done!) the storage unit to accommodate more of the items that won’t fit in our urban paradise aka our apartment home. I know all this will be worth it when we are eventually in our home home. We are in the process of buying a home???? Basically, we put an offer on a short sale, so it will be several more weeks before we hear back if we got it. Oh the anticipation! The apartment home is our “for now home.” It is a super swanky apartment complex that I personally feel is a mismatch for me/us. However, I’m sure there will be parts of it I’ll love (hello 2nd bathroom and trash chute!) and parts I hate (parking garage + elevator + hall = how far we will have to trek with our grocery bags!). Internet will be a thing of the past until we get a modem (what the world…) to plug up in our new abode. Here’s a few pics of the process…
Through this process, I’ve learned some lessons about moving…
- It is more work than I thought.
- It is stressful! And stress and me do NOT get along.
- It is more expensive than I even imagined.
- I truly realized that I have a lot of extra “stuff” that I do not use! What in the world am I keeping all this “stuff” for!!!!
- Little boys are amused by anything. Handy when you’re packing! He loves boxes, empty cabinets, kitchen utensils…
- My husband is seriously the hardest working man I know. Wow.
- I always need more boxes.
- At some point, I just have to throw it in a box or throw something period.
- We have a ridiculous amount of places to change our address.
- I shouldn’t have packed all the soap and all the plastic bags when we still had a full week to be at home. Yikes!
3 days until move out/move in!