Greetings everyone who may happen along this little blog! I confess to have taken a slightly 2+ week hiatus from posting. To be honest, it has been a very tough two weeks. There are times in life were no cute picture or delicious recipe will fix how you feel, and I confess to feeling crummy these past few weeks. Therefore, no posting! I guess it is sort of like “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all” type thing. From this time of ickiness and self-reflection, I have concluded a handful of truths about me and my world at large. See below…
1. I can be pretty stoical. To a fault.
2. I believe that I should be undemanding of others.
3. Children can cheer up the worst day. My child, your child, random kids I see…any will do.
4. I am terrified of criticism from anyone.
5. A phone call with your mom is like a time machine back to when your age was in the single digits and just as comforting as a kiss to a “boo boo” was back then.
6. I feel inadequate and fear being overwhelmed (far worse than Ebola or snakes! I kid.).
7. People can sense when you need something extra. Like the nail technician that gave me a shoulder massage while my toenails were drying…for no particular reason. Note: I’ve been to the place before and NEVER had this happen. It happened on the day I desperately needed it. An extra note: I don’t believe that I have had a pedicure since before Holden was born!
8. It is possible to convey capability on the outside while feeling completely inept on the inside. Watch me do it if you don’t believe it.
9. Personal spiritual growth is always happening. I’m so far from where I was a mere four years ago that I hardly recognize who I was then in this regards.
10. I am unable to accept care despite the fact that I desperately need it. What a paradox.
In conclusion, I’m all over the place. I *think* I’m more up than down, more positive than negative, more “on the mend” than hurting. Some days are better than others. To counteract this very melancholy post, I’ll insert some little handsome man. You’d think I have been locked in a dungeon with all the doom and gloom noted above. However, as you can see, I’ve managed to figuratively pull myself up by my boot straps and have a little fun. Pictures to prove it…
Nails, PInterest Recipe, Sunflowers from Sister, Neighborhood Pumpkin Carving Party
Church and Preschool Fall Festivals, Chili Champ = Me!, School Pictures
Halloween, Birthday Party Fun, Convo Starters, Working him young on those dirty dishes!
I hope you enjoy this catch-up. I’m hopeful for this holiday season. Even though the days are getting shorter, these holiday days are the most exciting of the year. Here’s to savoring them and dwelling on blessings.